Home About Us Admission List Our Service Universities Event FAQs Download Employment News Contact Us
Havard universities FAQs Employment

Guide to Student Employment

Finding a Student Job

Finding a rewarding and fulfilling job at Harvard is simple, and we're here to help. The Student Employment Office (SEO) maintains a database of job opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of their financial aid status. Job opportunities are plentiful and wide-ranging, both on and off campus.

On campus, you can work with a faculty member as a research assistant, lead tours for the Admissions Office, work in the stacks at one of more than 60 libraries, or learn to run a business at the student operated Harvard Student Agencies. Off campus, you can tutor and mentor high school students in the Boston area, conduct research at Massachusetts General Hospital, help the homeless at a local shelter, or babysit for a local family.

Whatever your interests may be, there is likely a job available. Start your search by visiting the jobs database to connect with employers both on and off-campus.

Learn more on the Student Employment Office website.

with lasers in the Doyle Lab.

Finding a Research Opportunity

Many students pursue a research opportunity instead of a standard job. There are a variety of opportunities for undergraduates to pursue research projects – either independently or as a research assistant for a faculty member. Some positions are paidwhile others are volunteer, and some research opportunities qualify for funding to which you apply separately. Graduate students are encouraged to speak directly with faculty members at their particular school to inquire about available positions.

• Paid Research Assistant Positions

Start by searching the Jobs Database for these paid positions. Since not all faculty members or departments use the SEO Jobs Database to post positions, you may also want to visit individual academic department websites to see if positions are posted there or contact a faculty member directly.

• Independent Research

Pursue an independent research project with a Harvard faculty member as a research mentor and apply for funding to support your endeavors. Visit the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships for more information and consult the Funding Database -also known as CARAT- to learn more about specific grants.

• Research for Class Credit

Discuss this option (often as a 91R) with your academic advisor or Director of Undergraduate Studies.

• Faculty Aide Program

Interested in just getting started with research?Have a specific professor to work with in mind? Consider asking your professor to apply for the Faculty Aide Program, which provides funding to let you work on a faculty member's research project.

Service Hotline
+8617339099359 +8617826077327
Building 503,Lane 4855, Guangfulin Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai,PR.China

Copyright 1990-2021 DEIL Group Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.

Powered by: OEC Partners